Friday, August 24, 2007

Upon My Belly

Black beneath acrid
odor of tomato breath, I lay
my lines. Suspended in air
feeling vibrations from
frantic random limb movements.

I dash down the tight rope, with
winding legs wrap them
up. A step back to reel
them in. My abdomen's sharp
needle stab injects digestive
enzymes. Vacuum down
life juices.

Drag their shriveled
carcass down into my
lair. Snares redrawn, I crawl
to the center of my world with
a red hour glass
upon my belly I wait.


©polarpaul 2007

3 Comments:

Blogger Goth_Ecks said...

I love how you play with the words. The way they work and play againts each other.

9:43 PM  
Blogger ihop unpublished said...

I had no idea what was going on until the end...I read it again, and it all made such beautiful sense. It just goes to show what perspective can do!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Peter Greene said...

I like spiders. Jumping ones especially. I unfortunately kill black shinies on sight. I may stop, but they sure can bite, and there's a lot of them in the backs of woodpiles. Really enjoying your shtuff - and I don't like much, I'm usually shoulda bit my tongue off first most times. I never mean to upset people, but you get a good manic phase going and whoomm...
Anyway, loving it so far. If I suddenly hate one, I'll try not to say.

PG/333

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home